Word of warning
This code has not been security proofed. There is an inherent danger to
accepting user input which is then used to execute outside scripts.
Preventive steps have been taken but there are no guarantees. In
particular the view allows users to click on a username and show only
that users jobs. Feel free to look through the code and if you feel it
is secure I will remove this warning.
This code can be extremely dangerous so I would not place it in unsafe
environment especially allowing unrestricted access from the internet.
- PHP enabled web server ie. Apache
- Web server host needs to be added as a submit host
- userid web server is running as ie. nobody needs to be able to
execute qstat, qhost etc.
- Download the current GEMonitor tarball e.g.
- Place it somewhere in your webserver document root ie.
- Untar it with
A directory called gemonitor-0.9 will be created. Rename it to
what you want.
- tar -zxvf gemonitor-0.9.tar.gz
Now make sure you have couple PHP PEAR libraries installed. PEAR
is a set of PHP libraries similar to Perl's CPAN. You need to have
HTML_Common and HTML_Table libraries installed for SGEMonitor to work.
To check for its existence type
If successful with 5. go to configuration
- pear list
- If you don't see those to on the list type
- pear install HTML_Common
- pear install HTML_Table
To install please renamed sample_config.php to config.php and edit
Set the SGE_ROOT to where SGE is installed
- Set the WEBSERVER_PLATFORM to the OS that webserver/gemonitor is
running on ie. glinux for Linux, lx24-amd64 for Linux on AMD64 platform
or darwin for MacOS X. Look under $SGE_ROOT/bin to see what platforms
you are supporting
You are done. Now you can go to these two URLs ie.
Email me if you have any questions comments or contributions